New edition in headless architecture.Learn more
|Carpeto sp. z o.o.
|integration with Akeneo, proprietary delivery time presentation module, fractional sales (from 0.1 mb), Stripe payments, integration with TrustMate
About the client
Carpeto is a brand that has been operating in the home decor industry since 2015. It has over 20,000 machine-woven carpets in its range, which it distributes through an extensive network of partners in Poland and Europe and also uses its own online store.
The main aim of the project was to modernize the existing sales platform based on Magento and optimize it for mobile devices so that it could meet the requirements of the contemporary e-Commerce customer. The implementation of a new headless PWA-based store version was planned as the next step in the company’s electronic sales development, immediately after the implementation of the Akaneo PIM. It was a necessary condition to implement in such a way that it would preserve the order of the product catalog and not disrupt the platform’s ongoing operation.
within our team
Reaching for more with Satisfly
We were chosen to carry out this project due to our specialization, i.e. Magento development and our skills in implementing the Akeneo PIM system. Our services fully met the client’s business requirements.
“The decision to choose a partner to handle Magento + PWA and a PIM-class system was not easy. After a detailed analysis, we chose Satisfly and we do not regret this decision. Before starting the project itself, we defined the requirements and the most important business goals together with Satisfly. Above all, I appreciate the PM’s approach for a constructive outlook (not all ideas should be implemented in MVP version).
The implementation took place according to plan, communication did not fail, which had an impact on quick problem solving (both smaller and larger). The launch of the systems was preceded by solid tests, the migration process was properly supervised by the team. Maintaining the quality of cooperation, I am convinced that the expansion of our e-commerce to other EU countries will be a complete success”
- We started cooperation in May 2022 by taking over an existing store based on traditional monolithic Magento 2 and work related to the implementation of Akeneo PIM. In September, we started development of the new version of the Carpeto.pl store, whose golive took place in December of the same year, only 3.5 months after the start of implementation work.
- We built the Carpeto.pl store on a headless architecture, separating the frontend from the backend. Thanks to this approach, we simplified the change and scaling process of e-Commerce and allowed the creation of fronts tailored to individual devices, thereby increasing the comfort of using the store by customers.
- The main goal of the implementation was to optimize the sales platform for mobile devices. That’s why all our actions related to creating this e-Commerce were based on the mobile-first approach and the principles of Progressive Web App. To this end, we combined Magento 2 with ScandiPWA technology.
- Carpeto.pl is a store that heavily relies on products sold by the meter. Therefore, they have created a module to handle purchases starting from 0.1 meters. This allows customers to buy products that are perfectly tailored to their needs.
- Carpeto Rugs® has its own warehouses in central Poland. To provide the best customer service, they have created a dedicated module that informs customers of the estimated delivery date and allows delivery times to be set per product, globally, and even considering holidays and the hour after which the next delivery day is counted.
- To meet customer expectations regarding payment methods, we have implemented the Stripe module, which supports the popular Przelewy24 gateway, credit cards, and Blik.
- To make it easier for end customers to find products that meet their requirements, we have created an advanced search engine that shows the entered phrase, suggested products, and categories that match the keyword in the autocomplete search window.
- To build customer trust, Carpeto.pl is integrated with the TrustMate system for customer reviews, allowing easy access to other customer’s opinions and the option to leave one’s own.
Time to market
The Carpeto.pl shop was launched in December 2022, just 3.5 months after the start of the development work, enabling our Partner to enter the next year with a new look. This allowed them to easily compare the results of the shop year over year.
The new e-Commerce version aimed to improve the shopping experiences of mobile users of the shop. Thanks to the use of Magento PWA, this was achieved. The shop now achieves a score of 100/100 in the PWA Performance test.
The use of PWA principles nearly forced a fast operation of the sales platform and its efficient functioning. The headless architecture also helped to maximize system performance.
By customizing the Scandi PWA template to the business requirements and current e-Commerce trends, we created a shop that looks good on every device. Thanks to direct cooperation between the UX Designer and Carpeto representative, we developed an optimal design that is not only consistent with the brand, but also meets all the needs of the end customers.
The use of headless architecture made it possible to make changes faster and cheaper both in the frontend and backend layers. This enables Carpeto to easily test new solutions and implement them into the existing shop. This in turn allows for efficient scaling of the business.
Share your ambition with us and let’s make it happen!Contact us